Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Taxes and Stuff

I think I have everything I need to go do my taxes today, I am hoping for a good return since I didn't work much last year with the 'EVENT' of January 21st, 2009.
I am getting my resume together and have decided it is time to start shopping it around, I can't handle the stress of not knowing how many hours I am going to have or what days I am going to work.  Everytime I make plans for a day I have off, they change things again and I have to cancel my plans.  I even missed out on going to my Mother's 70th birthday party because they would not let me have the day off work.
My kids are away for March Break, Mike has gone to Myrtle Beach, SC with his father and his family and Joe has gone to Washington, DC with his cadet squadron. 
I was in Washington in 78 and it was one of the best trips of my life, completely LOVED it!  I know they both will be enjoying their trips and hope they come home happy and safely.
Yesterday was such a shit day for me, I broke down on the floor at work I am so angry for letting them make me cry and because others saw it!  I need to be stronger about things I have no control over, but when there is no one with the time off and I request the night off I am getting so tired of hearing no!
I have 3 weeks of vacation until August and then I have another week and so far can't use hardly any of it!  Just pissses me off to no end!
Ok enough bitching, going to grab something to eat and read for a bit... sorry if you had to read my bitching lol

3 comments:

Dede said...

Oh Sherry! I can so understand where you are coming from. For 13 years I worked for a company as a GM and when I wanted to take my vacation, there was always an EXCUSE as to why I couldn't. I worked 55 to 60 hours a week for this company. It was either to busy that I needed to be in my store or it was just to slow to warrant the extra payroll for an extra manager. WHAT? I have a saying that I was looking for a job when I found this one. Start sending those resume's out! I know that this isn't the best time to find a new job, however it is always easier to find a job when you have one. Hang in there girl! I am so sorry that you are having such a cruddy week and that things at your job aren't getting any better. Now that you made me hungry, going to pop some pop corn and make a hot chocolate. Chin up my friend!

(((HUGS)))

Mel said...

*hugs* that is no fun at all.
I have "Blackout" days at my office when I am not allowed to take vacation, but there are some good times, like August that I can go (just can't ever go in May). It can be frustrating.

Dede said...

Hi Sherry you have been tagged. So looking forward to seeing what it will be.

(((HUGS)))
http://brightestblessingswiccans.blogspot.com/2010/03/terrific-giveaway-and-game-of-tag.html